My story of Charleston, and of Chas.

 In 2007 I chose to leave everything behind and start a new life in Charleston, SC.  I was terrified and alone, trying to be on my own for real for the first time.  Hundreds of miles away from everyone I’ve ever known.

One late night, coming home from work I lost a tire off of my SUV and almost crashed, horribly.  I made it to the side of the road and called for a tow truck.  After everything was situated we headed down the highway.  A man appeared out of the darkness, laid down in the road and…..  well he was obliterated by our tow truck.

I spent a month or so in consoling for what they called PTSD.  I had to visit home.  After 2 weeks it was time to go back.  My mother, knowing that I needed a friend, insisted that I take a little stray black cat down with me.  

For about another 2-3 weeks he hid in my apartment.  He was so scared.  As was I.  It was then I experienced my first major panic attack.  Scared that it was something more serious, I went to the ER.  Came home a few hours later and tried to lay down and get some sleep.  Just then, he climbed out from under the bed and laid in my arms.  There, he would sleep always.  Always by my side no matter what.

He saved my life by doing that.  He was my only companion and there has been very few humans I cared for more than him.

He's been at rest since 2020…. I will always remember, love and miss you, my sweet Chas.   

 We will meet again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I LOVE MY JOB!

SECURITY CAMERA INSTALLATIONS

WEB, GRAPHIC & SOCIAL MEDIA DESIGN